- Recommendation letters could cost women jobs, promotions: Turns out women and men get different types of recommendation letters. “Female candidates were described in more communal (social or emotive) terms and male candidates in more agentic (active or assertive) terms.” Guess what? Academia didn’t seem to value communal contributions very much.
- [TW for social media privacy issues] If you remember a few months back when Google launched Buzz, some people were wronged. There is a class action underway for those people.
- “I’m a woman in tech and I’m struggling.” Writes Mediamum.
- Cindy had something important to say to Wired magazine, so she wrote them a letter.
- Alice Bell asks: Does my brain look big in this?
- While we’re talking about science, have you seen the awesome video by the Science Cheerleaders? GOOOOO SCIENCE!
- Vaginal Terror Flasks ahoy! How would the TSA respond to a menstrual cup?
If you have links of interest, please share them in comments here, or if you’re a delicious user, tag them “geekfeminism” to bring them to our attention (twitter uses can use #geekfeminism). Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.